One of Cincinnati’s oldest and most respected new home builders, we value great talent! Click through the available open positions below for details.
Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? Our team is growing and we’re seeking an experienced and detail and quality-oriented Construction Supervisor to join our team. Email resume to email@example.com.
Working in the homebuilding industry is a rewarding experience that allows you to be a part of a team that delivers that dream. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage the business and its team members, acquire land, develop land, provide customer service, and have accounting and administrative functions that support our business operations.
Summary of Position Requirements
As a Construction Superintendent, you’ll be responsible for the quality construction of our customer’s homes. You will oversee the entire home building process. You’ll draw upon your experience in the construction industry to follow-through on company construction standards.
• Engage in the Schmidt Builders culture and understand that our word is our bond.
• Schedule and supervise trade partners utilizing job schedules and trade scopes of work.
• Oversee the construction, inspection and scheduling of the entire home to ensure the home is completed within the allotted cycle time.
• Ensure all work is done by trades meets or exceeds quality standards.
• Conduct Electric Walk and Home Orientation meetings with customers.
• Manage and maintain inventory/market homes, models and sales center.
• Prepare weekly reports for review during Tuesday’s key person meeting.
• Update customers and sales representatives weekly regarding the progress of home(s) under construction.
• Provide trade partner feedback to your supervisor concerning the trade partner’s overall performance.
• Maintain records of all change orders, purchase orders and inspections in assigned community.
• Ensure job site cleanliness, Safety compliance as required by State & Federal guidelines as well as company policy.
• Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
• Able to manage a high volume of homes
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Must possess strong time management & organizational skills
• Must Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Must be computer literate and comfortable using phone applications, word and excel
• Must have current Driver’s License and good driving record
• Must have valid auto insurance
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Some college preferred
• Construction and/or customer relations experience is a plus
• Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints